Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Stilton and Apples


I've been craving stilton with apples/grapes and rustic bread for a few days now. Luckily, I have a gigantic piece of mature stilton in my fridge and today I gave in to my cravings, went a bit 'cheese mad' even - stilton for breakfast, and lunch! I might even have it for dinner, haven't decided on that one yet.


See, that was my breakfast. Even though cheese is 'full of fat' (as my sister described), I think I managed to make it appear healthy, look at all the apples and grapes, oh, and avocado!


And here's my lunch. I've never tried Waldorf salad before, but I knew it has apples, grapes and stilton in it, obviously, I had to make it. 




The salad doesn't need a recipe, it's way too easy. Throw some romaine lettuce leaves together, add grapes, apples, crumble the stilton on top. It usually has celery in it, but I'm not a fan of it, so I left it out. Mayo as a dressing? I don't think so, use fat free greek yoghurt with lemon juice instead (think protein, and live active cultures, which promote good digestion). Sprinkle some walnuts on top and season with salt and pepper. 


I served it with some fresh whole wheat bread and it was delicious. I've got this idea that my lunch always has to contain some meat, otherwise I won't be satisfied and still feel hungry. Now I know it's not the case, as this salad filled me right up! 

I also thought of a New Year's resolution - I have to drink at least 3 cups of green tea daily. I'm talking big mugs, not those 'normal' ones everyone has.


Green tea is amazing and has all kinds of benefits, which increase with the amount of tea you drink. I believe this is a resolution I can actually keep up with, it will boost my metabolism, keep my energy levels stable, and prevent skin damage. Yes to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment